READ: Matthew 6: 24-34
Worrying keeps us distracted from God. It divides our attention on Him. The Enemy’s ploy is to make you so busy dealing with the things in your life that you fail to focus on the One who can make it alright: the True Light, Jesus Christ. During the times you worry, you unconsciously distrust your God’s sufficiency. And then the devil is happy. He wants us to trust our own efforts, our own ideas of a way out, rather than keeping focused and dependent on our Savior.
Yes, you are human. Yes, you worry. It’s in your nature. However, don’t dwell on fear. Don’t be overwhelmed by these. They are a ploy from the devil to rob you from the hope and life that Jesus has purchased for you on the Cross. Whatever it is you’re going through right now, remember that there is a Higher Truth than what you are afraid of. That’s Jesus, and there is no more excuse to worry and stress yourself, after all that He is willing to do for you.
REASONS WHY NOT TO WORRY:
Worry keeps you from enjoying what you have (v25). Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? The problem with us is that we constantly seek, and seek, and fail to already see how much God has blessed us. We fail to see that life is much more than just being in on the fashion, having more than enough, and being popular. Beloved, they are not wrong, however, they shouldn’t be a cause of stress, whereas God willed for you to enjoy your life to its fullest. Right now, you are very blessed. You have all the reason to be happy. Happiness is not about what you have; it is what you enjoy in life. Every good thing, no matter how small, comes from God, and they are for you.
Worry makes you forget your worth(v26). Are you not much more valuable than they? Look around you. Look at the birds, the squirrels, the bats, and others. They don’t starve. They have all they need. God provides for these mere animals. How about in your case? God punished His beloved Son on your behalf, and do you think He will brush off your needs too easily? Will He ignore your pleas? Does the Cross stop in your salvation from eternal damnation, and then Jesus will tell you, “Okay, child. I’m done. I’ll just see you in heaven. Good luck in this world.” It’s not like that. Hey, beloved, when you worry, you forget what has been done for you. You forget who you are now that Jesus died for you. You forget how the Almighty Father sees you. When you are preoccupied with different things, you forget the kind of God that you serve, and how faithful He is to you. Don’t lose your focus on Him. Know that He is faithful, and He is willing to do anything for you, because He loves you.
Worry is useless. It disrupts your productivity(v27). Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Worrying won’t solve your problem. If you are jobless, worrying constantly and getting yourself stressed won’t land you in a position. When you’re too preoccupied with too many things, you’ll be exhausted easily. You’re putting yourself in a rocking chair: you do something by worrying, but you’re not getting anywhere. It’s useless stressing yourself with stuff that were already dealt with in Jesus on the cross.
Worry erases God’s promises in your mind(vv28-30). Will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? When you’re too busy with your problems, you fail to remind yourself about God’s plans for you(Jeremiah 29:11). Beloved, you forget that God Himself will solve that trouble for you. You exhaust yourself for nothing. Will He not much more clothe you, oh you who are dearly and deeply loved by Christ? Don’t doubt your Savior. There’s nothing that is too difficult for Him to solve. You can come to Him again and again and again, and He won’t ever get tired of you! You can ask from Him repeatedly and He won’t ever run out of stock, or ever be unavailable! If He doesn’t get tired of clothing those lilies everyday, how much more will He love to attend to you, beloved?
Worry is the characteristic of pagans and unbelievers(vv31-32). For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Those who don’t trust and believe in Jesus are set on struggling tooth and nail to meet their needs. They have no one to depend to, and no rock to stand on. How about you? You’re the favored one of God. You’re not like the rest of the world. You have an awesome, loving Father on your side, so why be afraid? You know that He is for you, why worry? Why imitate man’s tradition? Because you are righteous in Jesus Christ, God will always be enough for you. You have Someone to lean on and run to. Worrying reduces your ability to trust in God. The more you try to figure out what you can do, the more you become desperate, because the answer doesn’t lie in yourself. It lies in Jesus. Remember that, beloved.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (vv33-34).
The Greek word for the ‘first’ in verse 33 is proton, which means ‘holding the highest place in our affection.’ And for the word seek is zeteo, which means ‘to hunger, to desire to worship.’
Therefore, God wants us to always hold His kingdom and righteousness(Jesus) in the highest place for our affection, in a hunger, or a desire to worship. It means beholding our Savior, before anything else. It is considering what Jesus has done, and has promised to do, before freaking out. It is trusting the Lord through worship before totally panicking, because stability comes only through Him, beloved. Your security and source of joy and provision is Jesus alone. NO one else. Nothing else. Depend on Him, because He is the Source of your peace. He will still your soul, then with your eyes still focused, and your heart trusting upon Him, you’ll discover in Him, the solution of all your problems.
Live one day at a time. You have to be aware that you are in a position of receiving and dependence in Jesus. Don’t worry about the future, beloved. You might not be able to enjoy today, which God has prepared for you too. In all these setbacks, God has a plan. His mercy and goodness holds you up, and you won’t be overcome. Ever. Worry only distracts you from Him, and it’s not good for you.
Beloved, always be conscious of who you are, and what your faith calls for. Be confident, because you believe in a God who can do anything. Don’t be afraid to put Him first, because He won’t fail you.
- bleu-fonce reblogged this from lovelyyerin
- oh-heyitsizabella reblogged this from somebunny-to-love
- somebunny-to-love reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- errrjosewasalreadytaken reblogged this from bodiesandscarecrows
- godknows-wereworthit likes this
- myat-247 reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- myat-247 likes this
- christianfamilymatters reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter and added:
- meg149 reblogged this from ohhowdeeplyloved
- bryxhearsxmusic likes this
- knowjesusknowlove reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- flowermerhoe reblogged this from ohhowdeeplyloved
- godsdonkey reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- inahlaucabtorres reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- atimeformorelove likes this
- karen-sheu likes this
- notyoursandra likes this
- endee3 likes this
- joacierto reblogged this from child-of-his
- littlebitoflovee reblogged this from child-of-his
- child-of-his reblogged this from sydnasty1997
- kkbee reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- preciousf8 reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- sydnasty1997 reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- sydnasty1997 likes this
- simplekhloe reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- simplekhloe likes this
- cuteemeeh26 likes this
- jasmine-hahas reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- jasmine-hahas likes this
- alapaapstars reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- momslittleangel reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- daughterofcharacter reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- redeemedandblessed reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- coolkhat031496 likes this
- ragamuffin-princess likes this
- iamyourbeautifulmess reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- ooojessica likes this
- selenamarie12 likes this
- hyewonders reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- avaflaava likes this
- mmskahh likes this
- christiangraphics likes this
- srikaloveex reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- purplerain17 reblogged this from godsradicaldaughter
- cjensen20 reblogged this from jesusismyanchor
- random-penguins likes this